We had a little scare about a week ago. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard an alarm going off downstairs. Figuring my roommate would turn it off, I tried to sleep through it but it wouldn't stop. I tromped downstairs to hear the alarm saying, "Warning! Carbon Monoxide." After trying to fiddle around with the alarm and realizing it wasn't going to stop, we realized maybe we did have an issue on our hands. I grabbed a phone, called 911 and a fire truck was at our house in a few minutes. After sitting out on our drive way for over an hour we found out we had high amounts of CO coming from our pool heater. The gas company came out and had to check out the whole house and found all of the other problems that weren't quite up to code. Luckily, by 1:30 AM we were allowed to stay in the house and go to bed.
I keep on learning all sorts of new things about taking care of a home. I'm just glad I was able to wake up the next morning!
A Slow Cooker Thanksgiving
11 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment